The recent unrest and riots within our country have led to more damage and losses than what was immediately visible. Unfortunately, this resulted in a spike of damaged and/or looted servers from many of our customers' premises. We have consequently received many questions and requests around server support or alternative options as the impact for on-premise servers were massive.
Some of the issues we have come across:
- Poor management of data backup
- Backups failed to restore
- Last good backups were out of date
- No hard copies of Age analysis in order to follow up on outstanding debt
- No history on stock holding
- In some cases, where backups could not be restored, a fresh new system installation was required and all history was lost
- Financial losses
- Temporary measures meant that businesses had to run manual systems
- Costs and time incurred in replacing and reinstalling backups on new servers
- Additional time and costs incurred for KCS to obtain and transport new servers to customer premises and to recapture data
With this in mind, we'd like to share some advice around best practices, offer pointers in terms of what to look out for as well as provide insights in how we can help.
Please have a look at our server health checks document for key considerations.
Alternatively, we can help you manage the above mentioned points - we monitor 7 days a week, 24/7. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss how we can take this worry away from you.
Allowing us to touch base
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. By providing us with your details, you consent to allow us to store and process your data, so we can share the information you have requested and any other potential relevant information.
You can unsubscribe from our communications at any time.
Alternatively call: +27 (0) 11 707 3333 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org